Friday, July 1, 2011

Paper flower tutorial

  I am enjoying this summer so much. Sleeping, cooking, exercising, Netflix, and crafting make up my days. Going back to work in August is going to be a rude awakening :o)
  I recently made these pretty little paper flowers using some dictionary pages.

   I made them using a tutorial from the Summer 2011 issue of  Do It Yourself magazine

Step 1. Cut petals out of your chosen paper. (They dyed theirs which really is such a pretty touch.) Crinkle petals to make them more pliable and then flatten out.

Step 2. Pinch the bottom of a petal together to form a curved shape and glue the petals together one by one. 

Step 3. Allow flower to dry and roll back edges to open the bloom. insert florist's wire into the bottom of the flower and wrap with florist's tape if desired. 

   Pretty easy and so pretty. I love the way they look mixed in with real flowers. Have a great Friday friends!



4 comments:

  1. Wow - these look just like the original! Thanks for sharing the tutorial - I have been wanting to know how to make those!

    - Jenn @ Social Salutations

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love that you showed them in various colors, too. I have a hard time picturing the way things "could" look. =)
    (via Tatertots and Jello)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/tuesday-confessional-link-up-2.html. I hope to see you soon!
    ~Macy from Confessions of a SAHM

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely!!! I agree, great idea to mix them together.

    http://feelinginspiredtoday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. I read, and am delighted by, every single one.